This visa enables regional employers to address identified labour shortages within their region by sponsoring skilled workers where employers can't source an appropriately skilled Australian worker.
To sponsor an applicant, businesses must:
- be an eligible business
- be or have applied to be a Standard Business Sponsor
- pay the Skilling Australians Fund levy when you nominate an applicant
With this visa, migrants can:
- Live, work and study only in designated regional areas of Australia for 5 years
- Travel to and from Australia for 5 years
- If eligible, apply for permanent residence after 3 years from the time their visa is granted.
To apply migrants must:
- Have at least 3 years relevant work experience in their nominated occupation
- Have a relevant skills assessment, unless an exemption applies
- Work only for their sponsor or associated entity, unless an exemption applies
- Be under 45 years of age, unless an exemption applies
- Meet minimum standards of English language proficiency
In order to apply, Standard Business Sponsors must provide all required documents shown on the Application Checklist (available upon request), in addition to paying the application fee of $770.
The processing time for this visa varies and can be found on the Department of Home Affairs website. No fast-tracked or priority processing is available.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com or call our office on 02 4822 6397.