COVID-19 (Novel coronavirus) and Australian visas
Keep up to date with all travel restrictions at the Department of Home Affairs website:
RDAs in NSW are no longer participating in the Skilled Work Regional visa (subclass 491). To find out more about the Skilled work Regional (Provisional) (Subclass) 491 Visa please contact:
NSW Business & Skilled Migration
Telephone: 9934 0702
RDASI will continue to support regional employers in the Southern Inland region and their skill needs through the new Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass) 494.
This visa enables regional employers to address identified labour shortages within their region by sponsoring skilled workers where employers can't source an appropriately skilled Australian worker.
With this visa, migrants can live, work and study only in designated regional areas of Australia for 5 years, travel to and from Australia for 5 years, if eligible, apply for permanent residence after 3 years from the time their visa is granted.
To apply migrants must
- be nominated to work in an occupation on RDA Southern Inland’s relevant skilled occupation list
- have at least 3 years relevant work experience in their nominated occupation
- have a relevant skills assessment, unless an exemption applies
- work only for their sponsor or associated entity, unless an exemption applies
- be under 45 years of age, unless an exemption applies
- meet minimum standards of English language proficiency
In order to apply migrants must provide all required documents shown on a checklist as well as pay the fee of $770.
Migrants can be in or outside Australia when they apply. If they are in Australia, they must hold a substantive visa or a bridging visa.
The processing time for this visa approx 3-4 weeks, no fast-tracked or priority processing will be available.