COVID-19 (Novel coronavirus) and Australian visas
Keep up to date with all travel restrictions at the Department of Home Affairs website:
RDA's in NSW are no longer participating in the Skilled Work Regional visa (subclass 491). To find out more about the Skilled work Regional (Provisional) (Subclass) 491 Visa please contact:
NSW Business & Skilled Migration
Telephone: 9934 0702
RDASI will continue to support regional employers in the Southern Inland region and their skill needs through the new Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass) 494.
For visa holder's who have been sponsored on a RSMS 187 Visa and a State Sponsored subclass 489 visa, please see below for your relevant information.
Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Subclass 187 (Provisional) Visa
This visa was a permanent residence visa for skilled workers who wanted to work in regional Australia. It involved a two-step process, firstly, nomination by an approved Australian employer and then an application under the nominated stream. RDASI certifies 187 applications under the Direct Entry Scheme.
The Direct Entry stream was for:
- people who have been nominated by their employer under the Direct Entry stream
- people who have never, or only briefly, worked in Australia
- temporary residents who do not qualify for the Temporary Residence Transition stream.
State Sponsored Migration Subclass 489 (Provisional) Visa
The RSMS 489 Visa allowed skilled workers to live and work in specified regional areas in Australia for up to four years and was a pathway to permanent residency.
To be eligible to apply for this visa if invited, applicants had to have:
- been nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency (RDASI is a certifying body) or sponsored by an eligible relative living in a designated area
- nominated an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupations list
- a suitable skills assessment for that occupation
- not yet turned 45 years of age
- achieved the score specified in your letter of invitation based on the factors in the points test
- at least competent English.
For More information please see our FAQ's HERE.
If you still need more information or help regarding these Visa's please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office on 02 4822 6397.