Have a look at some of our projects that we have completed over the years. If you would like any further information on any of these, please give us a call.
RDA Southern Inland secured funding from the Australian Government to deliver Capital Region Digital Enterprise (CRDE) into the Queanbeyan, Goulburn, Palerang, Yass Valley and Cooma local government areas. This saw the delivery of 51 workshops and 180 business consultations from October 2013 until September 2015. CRDE helped approximately 350 local small businesses and community groups improve their online presence and use of digital technology.
RDASI organised Goulburn’s first ever Ag Day BBQ on the 21st November at the Grace Millsom, with over 100 guests from Goulburn, Yass, Crookwell and the Southern Highlands attending the Ag Day BBQ. The BBQ celebrated Australia’s first ever Ag Day, which included local produce stalls, guest speakers, live music from Jamie Agius and memorabilia looking back on agriculture in the region.
Angus Taylor MP opened the event, focusing on the growth of agriculture in Australia and the exciting future ahead. RDASI Chairman, Mark Schweikert was MC for the night. Speakers for the night were: Matthew Lieschke (Local Land Services), Ted O’Kane (Department of Primary Industries), Mark Hedley (Australian Wool Network) and Kathleen Allen (Sheep Meat Council).
The BBQ comprised local produce only, including Dewsburys Free Range Pork Sausages, with a number of stalls also showcasing local produce from the Southern Tablelands. Photographs and memorabilia were also on display looking back on agriculture in Southern NSW. Live entertainment for the night was from Goulburn local, Jamie Agius.
A number of Retail Skills workshops were held across the region for retail businesses. These workshops were presented by the Australian Retailers Association and provided one-on-one consultations the following day. Workshops covered Visual Merchandising, Sales and Service Excellence, Retail Marketing & Customer Loyalty and Digital Marketing.
Two ‘Build your own Website’ Workshops were held in August 2017 in Yass. Another series of these workshops were also held in Bowral in February 2018. These workshops were designed to assist small businesses set up and manage their own website.
RDA Southern Inland delivered four free Tender Writing Workshops in Queanbeyan, Goulburn, Cooma and Young to provide small-medium businesses with the confidence to apply for government tenders. The free workshops were run by Maurice Downing from Corfocus. Maurice is the author of the book, Winning Government Tenders.
The workshops were held from March-May 2018.
About the workshop:
This workshop assisted small-medium businesses in the region to navigate the often complex government tender process and to develop successful tenders.
The program content included:
- Why bother bidding for government tenders?
- Where to find out about projects that go to tender
- The bid/no bid decision
- Developing your response framework
- Where to go for help
- Pitfalls to avoid when responding to tenders
- Keys for success
- The Tender Evaluation Panel, who are they, how do they make decisions and why this is important
- Differentiating yourself from competitors
- Getting tender ready – a checklist for self-assessment.
If you would like any more information on these workshops, please contact us.
In conjunction with the launch of our Jobs and Growth Insight Report, RDASI launched a photo competition. This competition was designed to celebrate and promote the beautiful Southern Inland Region. We wanted to showcase the region as an ideal place to live, work and/or invest. To enter, participants had to…
- Send us a photo that they think encompasses our region
- Tell us in a sentence or two, why do you love the Southern Inland Region?
The competition closed on the 17th August 2018.
The winner, Josephine Gregoire from Bungendore, received a $500 voucher to spend at Milton Park in Bowral.
Terms and Conditions:
- All copyright remains with the photographer/entrant.
- If RDASI uses any images through website or social media channels the photographer will be credited. Entrants consent to the use of their images in this way.
- By entering the competition, entrants grant RDASI permission to use credited images for not-for-profit purposes through our website and social media channels
- The entrant whose photo is judged by the RDASI's judges (consisting of one board member and two staff members) to be the photo that best represents the region, is most original and creative will win the final prize.
Goulburn Ag Day was again held on Wednesday, 21 November, 2018 at the Grace Milsom Function Room from 5.30pm-8pm. In 2018, we celebrated the resilience of our local farmers.
The event included..
- A number of guest speakers discussing the topic of resilience - Samantha Wan, Tara Craig, Charlie Reardon and Bill Johnson
- A BBQ with local Dewsburys Pork sausages
- Live music with Roo Arcus
Special thanks to our sponsors; Goulburn Post, Divalls, NSW Farmers, Local Land Services South East, Goulburn Mulwaree Council, Elders, Tablelands Farming Systems and Rotary Australia.