- 21 August 2018
The new Regional Development Australia Southern Inland (RDASI) Committee has some fresh and familiar faces. The new Committee was announced last week and draws upon the impressive skills, experience and dedication of a number of local community members.
The Committee includes representation from a broad range of industries including, tourism, engineering, local government, legal services and primary production. Board members will act as enthusiastic champions for the Southern Inland region and work closely with the RDASI team in Goulburn to identify projects and opportunities for regional development.
Hugh Cooke, RDASI Chair, expressed his excitement about the quality of the new Committee.
“We are excited to have a new committee to operate under the new RDA Charter with many new faces from across the Southern Inland region. The new committee has been chosen to be a high-level collective of passion with good governance skills, for all the Southern Inland region,” Mr Cooke said.
“The committee will work hard to identify projects and opportunities that create jobs and expand businesses, which in turn should encourage prosperity for the region’s population.”
The RDASI board members include…
- Sue Whelan OAM (Queanbeyan-Palerang) will remain the Deputy Chair of RDASI. She served as a Councillor on Queanbeyan City Council for many years and is currently the Chair of the Business Enterprise Centre (BEC). Sue was honoured with an Order of Australia Medal in January 2014 and was announced as the Snowy Monaro’s Woman of the Year in 2018.
- John Bell (Upper Lachlan) will remain on the RDASI Board. He is the General Manager of the Upper Lachlan Shire Council based at Crookwell. John has 40 years experience in Local Government working with a number of government authorities.
- Allan Carpenter (Queanbeyan-Palerang) will remain on the RDASI Board. Allan is the NSW/ACT President of Australia China Friendship Development Association and has considerable experience exporting primary produce to China. Allan has been the operator of a large hotel in Queanbeyan for the past twelve years.
- Terry Oakes-Ash (Wingecarribee) will remain on the RDASI Board. Terry has a background in civil engineering. He is an active member volunteer across the Wingecarribee Shire and region and sits on a number of boards including the Southern Region Business Enterprise Centre.
- Mark Bradbury (Goulburn Mulwaree) is a new member of the RDASI Committee. He is a Lawyer in Goulburn, providing legal services and advice, and is also the President of the Goulburn Chamber of Commerce.
- Warwick Bennett (Goulburn Mulwaree) is a new member of the RDASI Committee. Warwick is the General Manager of the Goulburn Mulwaree Council and has 35 years local government and private sector experience.
- Hui Wang (Queanbeyan-Palerang) is a new member of the RDASI Committee. Hui is the CEO of a local Queanbeyan business and has experience and expertise in assisting with exports to China for the Southern Inland region.
- Jenny Calkin (Snowy Monaro) is a new member of the RDASI Committee. Jenny is a member of the Cooma Tourism Committee and has over 30 years experience in the tourism industry. She runs her own tourism consultancy firm as well as a local accommodation business.
The new RDASI Committee will hold its first meeting in late September.