As a civil engineer, Terry has had wide ranging managerial experience, with extensive knowledge of the construction materials industry in Australia ,South East Asia and the USA.
He worked for Boral for 24 years (10 years as CEO of Boral Resources Ltd ) and 15 years as a consulting business advisor.
Regional development is his passion with an active interest in the economic viability of the Sydney Canberra Corridor, establishment of Trade Learning Centres to develop upskilling, apprentiships and trade learning at high schools.
He is a passionate advocate of the Very Fast Train, innovation, and the building of relationships across the region.
He is an active member volunteer across the Wingecarribee Shire and the Regional Community as:
- Chairman - Southern Highlands Salvation Army Red Shield Appeal
- Chairman - MVH - FM Inc, Youth Radio 92.5 FM
- Chairman - Oxley Partners
- Board Member - Interchange Australia
- Board Member - Southern Region Business Enterprise Centre
- Member - Economic Development and Tourism Committee of Wingecarribee Shire Council.