RDA Southern Inland invites skilled migrants to apply for sponsorship to live and work in the Southern Inland of NSW, under the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS).
The RSMS allows skilled migrants to fill employment vacancies where there are no local Australian applicants available. Employers in regional Australia can nominate skilled migrants to fill a full-time vacancy when there is a genuine need for a paid employee.
RDA Southern Inland certify RSMS Visa applications (187) and also sponsor State Sponsored Migration (489) Visa applicants.
Before applying to RDA Southern Inland for sponsorship of the 489 Visa, you are advised to read the current Skills Occupation List which lists the occupations where there are skills shortages in the Southern Inland region. CLICK HERE to see the current Skilled Occupation List.
RDA Southern Inland has sponsored and certified many applicants for regional skilled migration. You can read about successful skilled migration to the region here.
Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) Visa
This visa is a permanent residence visa for skilled workers who want to work in regional Australia. It involves a two-step process, firstly, nomination by an approved Australian employer and then an application under the nominated stream. RDASI certifies 187 applications under the Direct Entry Scheme.
The Direct Entry stream is for:
- people who have been nominated by their employer under the Direct Entry stream
- people who have never, or only briefly, worked in Australia
- temporary residents who do not qualify for the Temporary Residence Transition stream.
You can be in or outside Australia when you apply. If you are in Australia, you must hold a substantive visa or a bridging visa A, B or C.
State Sponsored Migration (489) Visa
The RSMS 489 Visa allows skilled workers to live and work in specified regional areas in Australia for up to four years and is a pathway to permanent residency.
You might be eligible to apply for this visa if invited. You must also have:
- been nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency (RDASI is a certifying body) or sponsored by an eligible relative living in a designated area
- nominated an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupations list
- a suitable skills assessment for that occupation
- not yet turned 45 years of age
- achieved the score specified in your letter of invitation based on the factors in the points test
- at least competent English.
If you require more information on the 489 Visa, visit the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
If you require more information on the 187 Visa, visit the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
RDA Southern Inland does not process or approve visas. If you have a question that relates to processing or approving visas visit the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website.
If you have been granted your visa and have a question about your responsibilities under the visa or complying with visa conditions, visit the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website for more information.
Please do not contact our office to find out the status of your application.